Updated: Oct 9, 2022
One day, after indulging in some Blue Coma, an amazing strain if I say so myself, I decided I wanted a dessert. Not just any dessert, a combination of everything I adore! The graham cracker, coconut goodness of the Nanaimo bar, the thick fudge of my favorite frozen dessert ice cream cake, and white chocolate with almonds! I call these Roxy Bars. My only suggestion is to read the recipe in whole before attempting. I have divided the ingredients and instructions into the 3 separate layers. This recipe can be made as individual treats or as a one pan dish and cut into bars. Remember check the potency of your edibles with a online calculator, and start slow!
Ingredients - Bottom Layer
1/4 cup salted Butter
1/4 cup Canna Coconut Oil
(Want stronger bars? Use a full 1/2 cup Canna Coconut Oil and no butter)
8 TBSP Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup white Sugar
1 Egg beaten
1 3/4 cup Graham Cracker crumbs
1/2 cup sweetened shredded Coconut
1/2 cup shredded Coconut
1/2 cup finely chopped Almonds
Instructions - Bottom Layer
1. Put 2 cups water into bottom of double boiler. (I use a pot and metal bowl as my double boiler.) Place on stove over medium heat and bring water to simmer.
2. Combine butter, canna coconut oil, cocoa and sugar in the top of the double boiler, place over simmering water. Heat, and stir until butter has melted and mixture is smooth.
3. Add in the beaten egg, stirring until thick. Remove the double boiler from heat. Stir in graham wafer crumbs, coconut and almonds into the butter / oil mixture.
4. Press firmly into 1/4 cup molds. OR Place mixture into parchment paper-lined 8-inch square baking dish to create even bottom layer.
5. Place into the freezer for 20 min to set. Once set place bottom layer into muffin cups if doing single serve and place in fridge until ready for the middle layer.
Ingredients - Middle Layer
1 cup Dark Chocolate chips
3 TBSP Light Corn Syrup
1/2 TSP Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup unsweetened Coconut
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Instructions - Middle Layer
1. Put 2 cups water into bottom of double boiler. Place on stove over medium heat and bring water to simmer.
2. Combine corn syrup, coconut, chocolate chips, vanilla and cream in the top of the double boiler, place over simmering water. Heat, and stir until chocolate has melted.
3. Spoon mixture over the bottom layer, OR spoon mixture over each individual bar.
4. Return to fridge to set.
Ingredients - Top Layer
1 1/4 cup White Chocolate chips
2 TBSP Canna Coconut Oil
1/4 cup chopped Almonds
Instructions - Top Layer
1. Put 2 cups water into the bottom of the double boiler. Place on stove over medium heat and bring water to simmer.
2. Combine canna coconut oil and chocolate chips in the top of the double boiler, place over simmering water. Heat, and stir until chocolate has melted.
3. Spoon chocolate over the middle layer, OR spoon chocolate over each individual bar.
4. Sprinkle with almonds.
5. Return to fridge to set.